A baitcasting reel is a cylinder shaped metal that is made of aluminum and stainless steel. The baitcasting reel is always attached to the fishing rod. It’s purpose is to help control and wind up the wire or line on the spoon. With the baitcasting reel, the amount of line release depends on the weight of the bait. The heavier the bait the more line is released from the spool. To catch a fish, it’s important to To use a baitcasting reel effectively and to avoid tangles in the line, one should know how to properly put on a line on the spoon of the baitcasting reel. The following are some useful tips when using a baitcasting reel:
· Buy a heavy or thick line for to load your spool.
· Spool only a quarter of the line. This step will make fixing a backlash, from the spool, easier.
· To adjust the cast control(a knob on the side of the baitcasting reel), tie a bait at the end of the line and reel the bait six inches from the fishing rod. Press the spool to release the line. If the line falls to the ground due to the weight of the bait, the cast control is adjusted. If this those not happen, try loosening the cast control by turning the knob half way and repeating the procedure.
· Apply a balanced pressure on the spoon. To much pressure on the spool will disable the bait from reaching it’s target and to little pressure will cause the spool will backlash.
Fishing during the day time is popular to most people but fishing at night is not unfamiliar to fishermen. Night time fishing can be more beneficial than day time fishing for five reasons. The first reason is that the fishing piers are free after hours which means more money in your pocket. Two, In addition to the moon and stars, there’s the beautiful neon lights that are emitted by certain fishes at night. Three, one doesn’t have to worry about getting sunburn. Four, since most people don’t fish at night, there is no competing for fish or fishing spots. And lastly, since fish are more actively finding food at night, catching fish will be easier.
Another important tool any fisherman who decides to fish at night will need, is a light. Fishing lights are basically lights that are submerged in water to attract fish. They are hung from the side of the boat or dock. A food chain reaction occurs when light is under water. Small sea creatures known as plankton migrate towards the light. Afterwards, smaller fishes that consume plankton comes towards the light and then follows bigger fish who will eat the smaller fish. Fishermen who use fishing lights will catch all sizes of fish-from big fishes to smaller fishes when they use fishing lights.
To effectively use fishing light to capture fish. Follow some simple tips.
· Make sure the boat is well anchored. This tip will prevent the boat and fishing light from wobbling or drifting. A drifting light will not allow the plankton to migrate towards it.
· Set the boat up in an a spot that is not shallow. A shallow or deep area won’t have many fish.
· Don’t submerge the fishing light more than 3 feet underneath the water.
· Use two lights to get a larger radius of light.
· Use different colors of fishing lights to attract fish.
When buying fishing lights, remember that there are different types of fishing lights to choose from. One of the top five fishing lights is the Chemical light glow stick. Chemical light glow sticks are good because they can be use in both cold or warm temperature water. Dock and Pier lighting are another type of fishing lights. Dock and Pier lights are halogen lights that attract salt water and fresh water fish. Flounder light is another popular fishing light made with LED. They’re usually 24 inches in length. These types of lights are not made of glass or plastic, so they’re safe for the fish environment. Hydro glow fishing lights are made with LED and fluorescent bulbs. They are known to attract fresh water and salt water fish to the dock. Activated Diamond Strobe Fishing lights are disposable lithium battery powered lights that are submersible.They automatically turn on when submerged under water and vice versa when removed from water. They hold 450 hours of light which is a lot of time for fishing at night.
Terry Newton has a website of fishing reels of many brands and types such as the baitcasting reel. We maintain a blog and website where you can get answers to the rest of your questions and even ask questions to be discussed. Come and shop.